Thursday 20 September 2007

Parenting Lessons Learned From a Piece of Pink Cake

By Terre Grable

Yesterday was a definite eye opening day. It was the first day back from summer of a mother’s group I attend at church. You could sense the excitement in the air of catching up with old friends and meeting new ones. Then it hit me, this would be the first year I would be attending without my oldest daughter. For five years, we had attended together. There would be no more chasing my daughter up the lobby stairs to catch her before she independently went to her classroom. There would be no more midday surprise lunches after my group, or meeting up with friends at the park afterwards. It had all been replaced with growing up and pre-kindergarten.

So I did what any other self respecting and grief stricken mother would do...

Read the rest of "Parenting Lessons Learned From a Piece of Pink Cake" Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

0 comments:

Post a Comment